Anybody here using base-ISO exclusively or predominantly?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Jeff Charles
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,188Gear list
Like?
Re: Two Things Count: Analog SNR and How Much Analog Signal Reaches The ADC
In reply to nixda, 9 months ago

nixda wrote:

My question is: when aperture and shutter speed are selected appropriately for intended DoF and motion freeze, but the resulting image at base ISO would end up darker than intended, is it necessary with the X-Trans APS-C sensors to adjust the ISO upwards, or would it be sufficient to keep base ISO (in order to maximize DR) and adjust brightness afterwards in post-processing?

Does keeping base ISO and then brightening later on the computer really maximize DR? I think it's the actual exposure that determines DR, not ISO.

How do these sensors behave at base-ISO and low light levels when it comes to noise? In other words, how isoless are these sensors?

Good question. IAC, I don't think that there's any harm in raising ISO in camera with ISOless sensor cameras, other than the risk of the ISO gain causing clipped highlights.

-- hide signature --

Jeff
Pastafarian, but with doubts, and a waskely wabbit too

Jeff Charles's gear list:Jeff Charles's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow