Why no news on the updated bigger Pentax 645D?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
22codfish
Regular MemberPosts: 225Gear list
Like?
Why no news on the updated bigger Pentax 645D?
7 months ago

Ricoh/Pentax has interesting products in the new trade show. I remember when sports and news photographers preferred bigger film plate cameras to the much smaller 35 mm (FF) film cameras.  Size seems to be just as important in digital photography, because of the comments of many forum posters.  Personally, I'm comfortable with ASCP size sensors, and at this time, I have no desire to switch to gear with the slightly larger full frame size sensors .  However, I do still admire the depth of tone and range of greys from larger mid-size B&W film, which digital can't match.  Therefore, I would like to try out a Pentax 645D.  When I heard that the Pentax 645D has been updated, and possibly competive with FF in price, I was very interested.

22codfish's gear list:22codfish's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Pentax Optio M10 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL +4 more
Pentax 645D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow