Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 1,939Gear list
Like?
The Canon G1X Mark 2 sensor is basically M43rds and
5 months ago

I have been saying a fixed lens M43 camera would be awesome.  Many people have replied to my idea for this that a fixed lens like this would not be possible or have too many short comings, but canon has done a nice job with this on a hair larger sensor than M43rds.  This is why I never listen to the engineers who say it can't be done.

The main reason the fixed lens cameras appeal to me is the convenience, flash sync speed (leaf shutter), built ND filters, and macro abilities.  My Olympus XZ-1 is one of my favorite cameras because of all of this versatility.  Ideally for me Ricoh would do this as their controls and UI is the best hands down.

The advantage of buying the canon over an Olympus/Panasonic version would be the ability to carry a small flash with pocket wizards or radio poppers for wireless TTL.  But the OLY/Panny Version say on a GX7 or OMD body would give us an excellent built in EVF and a few more megapixels to play with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFMVnNsmblo

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 RX100 III +3 more
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow