Suggestions on a tablet for pp? a few q's...

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
abortabort
Senior MemberPosts: 1,138Gear list
Like?
Re: Suggestions on a tablet for pp? a few q's...
In reply to bill hansen, 10 months ago

Thanks. That's very helpful. On a couple of previous trips, I've edited images at night, because I had to present them for group review the next day. It worked well enough, but it took away time from my sleep and from time talking to my wife, remembering the events of the day, and so forth. I think I'd like to use the tablet mostly for backup and culling.

I'm assuming that your tablet has an actual SD card slot, instead of micro SD. Otherwise, would you give me a little tutorial about how you get your image from the SD card of your camera to the micro SD card of the tablet?  WiFi - and if you're using WiFi, what are you using for a hub while in the field (away from a WiFi network)? I see lots of adapters for Micro SD to SD, but I haven't seen one for SD to micro SD.

Thanks -

-- hide signature --

Bill Hansen
Ithaca NY, USA

I wilk be using a micro SD in my camera via SD adapter, they make them plenty fast nowadays. Then I will insert the micro SD into the tablet for checking and anybpost work I need to do and as I say create a catalogue on the card and just add the imges to the catalogue, rather than copy them.

You can use USB peripherals with it as welk if you wish, such as a card reader. Alternatively you can use those WiFi type devices discussed in this thread if you wish, but I woukd suggest the built in reader is likely the fastest option.

Usually on the go I only need to deal with a handful of images after a day of shooting, so I can do this relatively quickly and painlessly and when I get home all my work is transferrable (sometimes when I reedit I just dont get the same results as I do when I'm reasonably close to the moment).

abortabort's gear list:abortabort's gear list
Sony RX100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony Alpha 7 +33 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow