Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
tkbslc
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,047Gear list
Like?
Re: G1X MII or RX100II?
In reply to technic, 6 months ago

technic wrote:

tkbslc wrote:

Difficult to judge if it could be smaller with these specs. But I'm surprised (comparing with some other cameras) there wasn't even room for an EVF ... I guess that's not so much because there wasn't any space left, but more likely because it allows Canon to extract some extra money from the customers ;-(

Other cameras you are comparing to don't have an F2 zoom designed for a 1.9x crop sensor!

I know the bright lens is a big part of the weight / volume. But there is a lot of camera body outside the 'lens area' and the II is not much smaller than the I version, despite removing the optical viewfinder. Maybe a top quality internal EVF would be asking to much given the volume, but I really think this is a business decision to enable 'upselling'.

Another way to look at it may be that it is a way to keep the price of the camera down and the relative few that really want to have the VF can pay extra for it.   I really doubt they could add a good viewfinder and still hit the same price target.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow