ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Caroline08
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
Colour issues
5 months ago

Hello there,

I have a Canon SL1, and am also taking a course to become a better photographer.

Our assignment of this week is to take pictures in manual mode.

It was scary at first, but my first picture turned out to be pretty decent (Yeah!).

Yesterday, I wanted to take a picture of my baby. It was after 5pm, so I turned the lights on.

I set the camera on f4, ISO 1600, and WB on Tungsten. I then adjusted the shutter speed until the light meter was happy. I took the picture and it turned out awful. The colours were off (yellow and too warm), and because of the shutter speed that was set to half a second, everything was blurry. I increased the shutter speed to 1/60, and then the picture turned out ok. The light meter was however telling me the picture was completely underexposed.

I don't understand what is going on here, or what I am doing wrong. Can somebody explain?

Thanks a lot!

Caroline08's gear list:Caroline08's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +1 more
Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
moreNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
hahaNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow