Forum ProPosts: 12,278
Like?
Re: Yes it does Russ
In reply to papillon_65, 10 months ago

papillon_65 wrote:

rkhndjr wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

AdamT wrote:

Yes it does Russ .. the IQ especially in RAW is superb , I`ve had mine Two years , got it when it first came out and have put nearly 18,000 shots on it for both work (Costiume shoots for theatre and sillent auditorium shooting) and play (carryabout with DSLR quality) and there`s still not a cam I`d change it for including the new handling challenged MkII .. it`s looking shiny and starting to get brassed too , no scratches or dents or lettering missing , no dust in the lens or on the sensor, no funny noises etc, the screen hasn`t come loose and I use the swivel a lot , it works as well as the say I bought it ..

I`ve got the EOS-M which due to the 22mm Prime is sharper than the G1X and amazingly is a bit noisier at high ISOs (no doubt a heat thing as the M is almost as small as an S90) , the sensor is basically the same - the G1X`s senseor is basically a 1.5" / 14Mp chunk of 550D sensor so the pixel pitch is the same . I like the M as with the adapter on it gives me a pocket backup to the 1DS-III at weddings and shoots superb video for facebook 2 min clips for brides, with the 22mm on it makes a better GR / Coolpix-A type cam ... but the G1X has it beat allways apart from absolute rez at low ISOs and lens changeability

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

I pretty much concur with everything that's said here. There is no other camera near it's size that is better for overall image quality in my experience and I've had the OMD E-M5 and EOS-M. You need to put the best lenses available on them to compete with the G1X. In the case of the E-M5 that would be the Panasonic 12-35mm/Olympus 12-40mm and in the case of the EOS-M that would be the 22mm. In both those cases they don't have the range or versatility of the G1X with those lenses and the oly/Panasonic zooms cost way more than the G1X mk1 on its own.

Many thanks, Tony. I always value your opinion and am convinced the G1X is what I am getting.

No problem, as long as you don't mind the slower AF (doesn't bother me) you can't go wrong, it's a cracking camera. Sorry to read about your wife, best of luck to you moving forward.

Thank you. I am moving , but slowly. Hoping some toy such as the G1X will help a bit.

-- hide signature --

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

-- hide signature --

Russell Smith
Eternity was in that moment.

-- hide signature --

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

-- hide signature --

Russell Smith
Eternity was in that moment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow