Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AndyW17
Regular MemberPosts: 404Gear list
Like?
Thinking about what to get - prime to complement 12-40
6 months ago

I will probably make the move to the E-M1 soon, and intend to get the 12-40.  But I'm also thinking I may want a fast prime for low light.  The question is - which?

My shooting is not "portraits".  I would rather have the ability to shoot indoor in-home social situations without flash, or have the option to do tourist photography (churches and such, night scenes) with a relatively fast lens.  So I was thinking either the 12mm,  17mm 1.8 or a 25mm fast prime.  Would the 17 be a waste of money given it overlaps the zoom?  Or is the extra stop worth having for the purpose I've described?  I would assume a 12mm might be too wide for general purpose use (not to mention $$).  The 45 seems too long for use inside a house, having played around with it.

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Andy

AndyW17's gear list:AndyW17's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony RX100 II Nikon D600 Olympus E-M1 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +3 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow