Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?
Re: Speculation on the A6000 vs the NEX-7
In reply to lenshoarder, 6 months ago

lenshoarder wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

2: my second concern relates to my first - will all of the added PDAF pixels spread across the sensor that give fast focus my lenses can't use have an affect on image quality? will resolution or dynamic range or color depth be hurt?

Short answer no. Look at it like this, the PDF pixels are less than 200 out of 24,000,000. That's 0.0000000083%. So that's at most 0.0000000083% worst. I challenge anyone to be able to discern the difference. You could have more of a problem with dead pixels. You would have more of a problem with dust.

but they all add up - on top of the pdaf pixels you will still have dead pixels and you will still have dust - each thing you take away from actually forming an image just multiplies the problems and if those pdaf pixels don't actually add anything because they won't work with my lenses why add them? or better yet why remove image forming pixels and replace them with AF pixels that don't actually AF with my lenses?

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow