I found the 35mm F/1.4 AF far too slow on the XE-1, anyone compared it on the XE-2?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
scotbot
Senior MemberPosts: 1,152Gear list
Like?
I found the 35mm F/1.4 AF far too slow on the XE-1, anyone compared it on the XE-2?
10 months ago

I owned the XE-1 and although a fantastic camera the AF was too slow when using primes and I missed many shots of my baby girl. I found the AF just about fast enough when using the 18-55. I've ordered the XE-2 with the 18-55 but I don't want to invest in the 35mm F/1.4 without some evidence that it's going to focus at an acceptable speed for me.

I'd welcome any info from those who have used the 35mm F/1.4 on both bodies.

I know it will be faster due to the PDAF but there doesn't seem to be any hard ifnformation on what the difference is. It has a different AF motor to the 18-55 so there is no reason to believe that it will be faster by the same proportion.

I've also used the X100s and found the AF speed to fine (much faster than the 35mm on the XE-1) I understand the XE-2 shares the same PDAF equipped sensor.

I guess the question is really whether the AF drive in the lens will become the limiting factor.

Thanks in Advance.

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow