Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Grobb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
Re: No release till May or late Apr.
In reply to jonrobertp, 5 months ago

jonrobertp wrote:

Meiki67 wrote:

Since Amazon date is about May 9 and NYC says end of Apr.... my plans change . Too late for a big trip. And in June Sony will likely release their next pocket RX ___with a more versatile lens as well. Yeah....

I definitely will.

I wrote my thougths as comment to the article Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II: a quick summarybut I reapeat it here because this is the right place and I don't see how to delete my comment there

Don’t forget the Nikon P8000 is rumored/due to come out in April/May too with a 1” sensor.

If the P8000 has a much better sensor (like the Sony 1”) and a better/longer/sharper lens and even smaller body, that might be a better alternative.

If I find out the G1X II has the same old sensor with same DxO rating:

G1X     60 (overall) ISO 644 DR 10.8

RX100  67 (overall) ISO 483 DR 12.5

E-M5   71 (overall) ISO 826 DR 12.3 (just as reference or what and could be done)

It will be an interesting comparison between the G1X II, new Sony RX__ and P8000 all at around the same time. Also, not putting any external controls except lens rings was really cheeping out by Canon.

-- hide signature --

Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow