Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Miki Nemeth
Contributing MemberPosts: 716Gear list
Like?
Top Sony cameras (A7, A7R, A6000) no touch screen :(
In reply to sean lancaster, 10 months ago

sean lancaster wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

The use [of a touch screen] is in street or 'real' situations where you need to select your focus point in the shortest possible time and take the shot: compose your image (centre is by default already in focus) if the subject of interest is not in centre image then you simply have to touch the area you want to be in focus in the split second before you press the shutter

Exactly right for street work. On my Canon 6D, the solution is to shoot the center point and then later crop. I suspect this is what most street photographers do when there is no time to focus and recompose. But on my NEX 5N, the touch to set focus allows for more creativity in shooting without cropping.

Hi Sean (and Parallax), totally agree. The workaround I apply with my A7 is exactly the same as with 6D: magnify and focus center positioned and shoot on street, and crop-compose later in post processing. Here come the huge image files of FF cameras very handy. With the introduction of a decent touch screen into 70D Canon made a big step forward. Similarly, Nikon D5300 has decent touchscreen, too. It is really weird that Sony has not included a touch screen at least into the A6000 in 2014 . I can cope without a touch-screen, and I am not whining, but definitely I could exploit a touchscreen on my A7, and I'd adapt my shooting technique accordingly.

Miki

Miki Nemeth's gear list:Miki Nemeth's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-A1 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a5100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow