A7/A7R Light leaks reported + White Orbs issue?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
The Lotus Eater
Regular MemberPosts: 321Gear list
Like?
Re: A7/A7R Light leaks reported + White Orbs issue?
In reply to captura, 9 months ago

I have the light leak issue on my new A7.  I tested with the 28-70 kit lens (lens cap on), ISO 25600, 30s.  I'm certain it is the mount causing the issue.

I firstly took a shot with the mount's infamous 3 o'clock position facing out of the window towards a bright sky, and I got the familiar crescent of light in the corner of the shot.

When I repeated the test, but with my finger wrapped around the 3 o'clock position of the mount to block the light, there was no light leak.

I did this three times and the result was the same.

The question is what to do now.  I kind of wish I hadn't done the test, as the issue is unlikely to affect any of the type of photography I do, but it is an issue that shouldn't have got past QC and does slightly dent my confidence in the overall build quality of the camera.

I could return it for a refund while I can and wait it out to see what happens, or I could simply ignore it and carry on...

The Lotus Eater's gear list:The Lotus Eater's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow