Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Blackraven
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?
SD1M - Best lenses?
9 months ago

I just bought a new SD1M with 17-50mm f2.8 lens. It was heavily discounted at USD1280 so taking into account of the original launch price, seemed quite a bargain that i just couldnt resist.

Im use to handling Sigma cameras owning the DP1M and the DP2M so nothing came as a surprise in the handling department.

However, i do find the 17-50mm f2.8 lens a bit hit and miss; at the middling FLs it seems to perform quite well but less so at the extremes. Wide open, it is found wanting at all FLs.

To make the most of the sensor, i definately need better glass. I'm looking at the 8-16, 18-35 f1.8, 30 f1.4 or 35 f1.4 (Art), plus a medium tele.

Can anyone who has experience of using these lenses on the SD1M offer me any comments on the lenses i've listed or recommendations of other lenses that will work well on the SDIM?

Any information will be much appreciated!

Blackraven's gear list:Blackraven's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill Leica M Typ 240 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +3 more
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow