Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ZenImage
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Re: Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?
In reply to audiobomber, 10 months ago

audiobomber wrote:

Twong wrote:

As a long time Pentax user, I very much like to tell you K-3 is the way to go. However, I am not going to. D5200 is a very capable camera. Even the D3200 can capture great images. I don't think the "Pro" features that you mentioned will make any difference.

Faster handling makes a huge difference to me. I never again want a DSLR with one control wheel. Pentax's larger OVF, weather-resistance and shake reduction put the final nail in the coffin for the lower and mid-level Nikons. Do they even have an AF motor? I'd take a K-50 over a D5200. The K-3 is simply in another league.

-- hide signature --

Dan

I'm not sure about the d7100, but the 52/5300 do not. They rely entirely on lenses specially designed with an auto focus motor built in. You can use older lenses with the newer mid-level bodies, but all focusing is manual. This looooonnnngggg list of lenses....AF-S listed at the beginning of every single one? Yep, all new and all with the motors built in to compensate for the bodies without them. This is not a complete list, I left out the teleconverter group. And you do have a point about that one control wheel.... :S

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow