Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Euell
Senior MemberPosts: 1,016Gear list
Like?
Re: Ooooh Noooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In reply to Bart Hickman, 8 months ago

Bart Hickman wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Faster AF can't replace the virtues of a larger sensor otherwise Nikon 1-series would have taken over the world.

And fast AF is not the end all and be all. Between identical models, all else being equal I would go with faster Af. But if my priority is virtues of a larger sensor, I will go for the larger sensor, much like pro sports DSLRs still settle for lower resolution while a7r/D800 for slower AF.

Fast and accurate AF is really, incredibly valuable. It's not everything, but I'd argue it's the most important thing most of the time. I certainly lose more images to the shortcomings of the AF on my NEX-6 than to any other aspect of the camera or my lenses. Any relative shortcomings of the APS-C sensor relative to FF would be way down on the list. And most professional photographs I see posted here or in magazines could've been shot with either sensor size.

Bart

-- hide signature --

+1

Euell's gear list:Euell's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
55mmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow