Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,142Gear list
Like?
FZ200 dolphins, learned some things
7 months ago

Today I went whale watching and knowing there would be lots of birds and expecting distant whales, I took my FZ200 and the Nikon 1.5 X TC.  I considered bringing the LF1, but I decided to go super short and super long and carry my Ricoh GR which took my favorite shot of the day which is posted in the Ricoh forum.

But we didnt see any whales and all the birds and dolphins where super close.  I probably would have done better with the LFI, as I had to keep taking off the Nikon TC and tube to shoot the FZ200 close like this.  Not sure if the LF1 would have been this sharp but I am guessing it would do well.

The main thing I learned is that the FZ200 did not like to focus with my Circular Polarizer on the end with the TeleCon.  I tried a Polarizer to see if I could clean up the water reflections, but the results were mild and I found that it dramatically slowed my auto focus in all the various focus modes.

Good day, had fun, and learned more about my gear.

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 RX100 III +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow