Show me your neck straps.

Started Feb 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 29,742Gear list
Re: Show me your neck straps.
In reply to SteveFromNY, Feb 14, 2014

SteveFromNY wrote:

So I almost bought the Gordy, but found it a bit thin. Then I was almost all set on one made my Luigi, but I think $100+ is crazy for a simple strap. I ended up getting this one, but I might have to mod it to make more secure as I really don't like the string attachment to the body.

Yes, I was tempted by that one myself.   But I've had the Op-Tech straps using that type of nylon string.   It's tough, but exposed to the elements year-round after a year or so it starts to stiffen and fray (UV light I think plays a part).  I've never had one break, but I never left one on long enough to test it.    Just keep an eye on it.

I'm going to try fitting the metal rings into the ends rather than using the strings loops.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7S Sony Alpha 7 II Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35 Voigtlander 28mm F2 Ultron +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow