Anybody here using base-ISO exclusively or predominantly?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
nixda
Senior MemberPosts: 1,876Gear list
Like?
Re: interesting question
In reply to dmaclau, 5 months ago

dmaclau wrote:

Yes, it seems you arrived at your conclusion that ETTR is based on faulty logic through some faulty logic of your own

Quite possibly true. I blunder often. I've blundered through well over 50 years of photography and God willing I'll continue to blunder for a few more.

The proof best shows up when comparing two photographs of the same scene with dominant shadow (low-contrast) regions, one taken normally and one ETTR. If done properly, the noise in the shadow regions will be minimized in the ETTR version, and it does show.

No. It doesn't. As a general rule for shooting the only thing ETTR does is overexpose. Sorry. The proof as they say is in the pudding and as yet there's been none to show.

Than you haven't looked

Anyway, as mentioned, I did not intend to discuss the merits of ETTR. In fact I am asking for experience with what could be considered ETTL.

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow