Is Iridient that good or Capture One that bad?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
nixda
Senior MemberPosts: 1,876Gear list
Like?
Re: Is Iridient that good or Capture One that bad?
In reply to andywhoa, 7 months ago

andywhoa wrote:

nixda wrote:

andywhoa wrote:

nixda wrote:

masterofdeception wrote:

Most of us won't care about the difference. In fact, most of us don't care that LR isn't "perfect". Heads up for you here, nothing on these forums will ever be "perfect" for the tech guys here. They don't do photography. they do science and they always need the next best thing. Iridient or LR or all the others (I use JPEGs) are as good as most of us need. Leave the perfect to those here who don't do photography.

One of the biggest loads of BLEEP I've come across here in a while.

No, it is not. At this point, if your photographs don't look good in Lightroom/C1, they're not going to look good in Iridient either.

IQ doesn't make a photograph. The composition and emotion conveyed make a photograph.

At this point, being anal about IQ in the different processors is just like being anal about photography "rules." It's for the try-hard amateur. These people don't have the brain for art. That's why they create superficial criteria, so they can attempt to quantify it and then critique it.

Ah, another attempt of trying to claim some sort of superiority of the "artist" over those who merely "snap pictures".

Photography isn't always about art. In fact, most of photography isn't about art. Most photographers don't even intend or pretend to create art. I have no idea why a discussion about art has crept into this thread, as a direct response to a technical question. But you are not alone. There is a bunch here who consider themselves artists and immediately jump up to deride everyone else who is interested in technical details, automatically blanket-labeling them as "tech guys", "scientists", or "people who don't have a brain for art".

Such absolutist opinions are not a sign of superiority but of a superiority complex.

LR/C1/Iridient/Photo Ninja are all fine now. One may be technically better than the other in a given situation, but the gap is small enough that it doesn't matter. You can't ruin a photograph with any of them. If you don't like the photos you get from Lightroom, C1, or whatever, then take better photos.

This paragraph would have been a constructive and appropriate response to the OP's questions, if it had been presented on its own.

Ah,

You can live inside your bubble all you want to. The photographs you take 10 years from now won't be any better than the ones you're taking now. You're focusing your energy in the wrong place. Using Iridient over LR or vice versa is going to do nothing for your photography. It's a complete and utter waste of time. The only thing that's going to make your photographs better is changing the photographer, but you're so convinced that tool is already polished and you need to improve everything else with extreme scrutiny. The worst tool in any photographer's tool set is the photograph his/herself.

You must have misread the whole thing. It isn't me who is debating LR versus Irident. The example the OP presented is obviously flawed and not really worthy of detailed discussions. Also, with no word did I ever imply that I am convinced that my photography skills are polished. But I am debating the snobbish attitude of some forum members here who think that photography is only about art and treat others who seemingly focus on the wrong aspects as some sort of second-class people.

Again, what does art have to do with the OPs question? Why even bring it up if not for the purpose of advancing some sort of agenda? If it was an attempt at trolling then you certainly got me.

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow