Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zuikowesty
Senior MemberPosts: 1,144Gear list
Like?
How many left eye users here?
5 months ago

I've been left eye dominant since I was a kid, and I've gotten used to it, including the occasional poke in the eye from an OM advance lever. But as bodies get smaller, and buttons are tucked around the right thumb area, I find the ergonomics getting worse. I can't press the review or Fn1 button with my thumb without bending at the knuckle, which then pokes me in the right eye if I am viewing the VF. The info button is nearly impossible for me to press with my thumb with the rubber grip so close. The 4 way controller button also require a bent thumb to get the right one. I think the weathersealing also affects the feel of the the buttons.

I see pictures of the GX7 and wonder how many left eye users have tried it and found the ergonomics better? How many found the E-M1 better than the E-M5?

Maybe I need to wear a pointy thimble on my right thumb.

-- hide signature --
 zuikowesty's gear list:zuikowesty's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Stylus Tough-3000 Olympus Stylus 5010 Olympus E-410 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +10 more
ANSWER:
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MeNew
MeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow