And THIS is why I'm switching to Fuji from Sony...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
pcb_dpr
Contributing MemberPosts: 710
Like?
Re: And THIS is why I'm switching to Fuji from Sony...
In reply to Dimitriy, 8 months ago

Saying an NEX7 user should be happy with the a6000 as a replacement was like telling a Nikon D300 users they should be happy with the D7000 as a D300 replacement. The D7000 was better in many ways, but it never felt like a D300, and the controls/interface was designed for a less-sophisticated user. Many Nikon shooters still pine for a D400, though the world has moved on.

I'd say a true replacement for the NEX7 would start with the NEX7 body, with extra control wheel, lack of mode dial, and build on that. You can't replace the flagship camera with a downspec'd body and expect everyone to be happy about it.

I don't hang at the Sony forums, but I'd be surprised if you weren't hearing similar things there...

Dimitriy wrote:

a6000 is a replacement for both nex-6 and nex-7. 24mb sensor, better processor, better focus and more robust body actually puts it closer to nex-7. what would a7000 bring? slightly better ovf? the fact that price is from nex-6 is a bonus.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow