Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,551Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?
In reply to ZenImage, 8 months ago

I shot with both Pentax and Nikon, and only reason I went D7000 was I was using it for even photography and Pentax support for that category is not as good (flash and low light focus of the time).

For any other function I much preferred using my Pentax.  I had the K-5 and K-7, which are amazing feeling cameras, better built than a D7000, and the new K-3 is even better yet (but I haven't used this one).

So I think the new K-3 (and slightly older K-5II(s)) fix any of the low artificial light focus issues that plagued K-5 and K-7 in certain situations.  If I were to buy a Nikon or a Pentax today I would go with the Pentax, as I like light but well built cameras and I don't think there is a better SLR on the market which fits that need.  I shoot mostly mirrorless cameras now, but there are none with the same solid feeling as the top of the line K cameras.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow