Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Sanjeev Das
Contributing MemberPosts: 791Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?
In reply to ZenImage, 7 months ago

Yes, Nikon D80, D90, D7000 and then Pentax K5, K5 IIs and now the K3.

I am glad I made the switch and haven't looked back.

The D80 and D90 were excellent cameras, small and light. Then came the D7000. Bigger and heavier. That, coupled with my big 17-55 f/2.8 made me wanting for a small and light setup. I still wanted a top of the line camera and an OVF. Enter Pentax and the K5. The K5 and the small Limited lenses were an eye opener for me. The ergonomics of the camera just felt right, the camera seemed to melt in my hand. Together with the small, light and high quality lenses, I had a system I wanted to take everywhere. Pentax re-kindled my joy of photography. The autofocus was a bit iffy in the K5, the K5 IIs made it perfect. Now the K3. The K3 is better is many respects. The resolution is awesome. But it is bigger and heavier. Not big, but bigger. The K5 size was perfect IMO.

Sanjeev Das's gear list:Sanjeev Das's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Sony Alpha 7R Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow