Anybody here using base-ISO exclusively or predominantly?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
dmaclau
Senior MemberPosts: 1,520Gear list
Like?
Re: interesting question
In reply to nixda, 10 months ago

sorry. I know nothing at all about X-ray crystallography. In fact I can't recall ever seeing or hearing this term before right now. So, if you use ETTR in X-ray crystallography I obviously have no opinion and apologize for muddying the water.

If, however you're speaking about "general" photography....

I first heard about this technique several years back.  It's proponents seemed to have some sort of inside knowledge that sensors were best "to the right" and severely lacking everywhere else.  Not being able to determine this for myself, or get any sensible information from those who proposed it, and coupled with the fact that I've yet to see any photographic "proof" of this technique being beneficial I dismissed it as faulty logic.  If I'm wrong then once again I apologize.

As I said, changing exposure to meet scene requirements is obviously an important and useful tool.  As a general rule..."Always overexpose" is faulty advice.

dmaclau's gear list:dmaclau's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-M1 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow