a6000 faster than OMD E-M1, faster than most DSLR's (if not all). Good job SONY.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 3,488Gear list
Like?
Re: Faster for 3 seconds?
In reply to nevercat, 6 months ago

nevercat wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Donny out of Element here wrote:

Well, 11fps with live tracking AF is something. It's faster than OMD E-M1 and mind you it's an APS-C sensor with 24.3 Mp! Fastest AF (in the world?) 0.06s CIPA.

For 3 seconds? How long of a burst do you maintain 11fps? And how many times can you do that in a minute? How many RAW images can you rip out per second?

I honestly see no point in any further mirror usage in cameras from now on.

Because the mirrored D4s can shoot 10fps for 20 full seconds and crank out 200 full resolution RAW files with full tracking autofocus/metering/auto ISO etc. for each shot. And right away, it can turn around and do it all over again. All day long. Processor/buffer is just as important.

You are right the D4 can shoot 7 times longer at (about) the same frame rate! But that speed has nothing to do with the mirror anymore. Sony could build a mirrorless camera with the same buffer and processor and we would see the same performance.

I'm just sayin...

Not to dampen the enthusiasm, but you get what you pay for. I'm just sayin', keep it all in perspective.

To put the D4 in the same perspective:look here at the size difference

And take a look at the price: For the D4 you pay $5100
For the A6000 you pay$800

Indeed you get what you pay for. I know what lenses I should buy for that $4300 I save with the A6000....

Clearly you are getting my point...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow