Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
Azzy
Regular MemberPosts: 276
Like?
Re: Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?
In reply to ZenImage, 10 months ago

I used Pentax for ~7 yrs (K10D, K-x, K-5, K-5 II, K-3) before switching to D600 which has similar control to D7xxx

Ergonomics wise pentax beats nikon hands down, I think for APS-C nothing comes close to K-3 in term of performance/feature/ergonomics to K-3 (maybe  the new XT1 but I never used any Fuji before).

Nikon has good customization for buttons / menu but in my experience Pentax is on another different level.

I'm also not a fan of D7100, if you shoot RAW the buffer size is just ridiculous.

With Pentax you do lose some options of third party accessories and lenses, this is one of the main reasons why I left Pentax.

I'd say if you see your future in APS-C, Pentax is a fine system, but if you're looking to upgrade to FF in the future....maybe its not the system for you....

-- hide signature --

My website and portfolio: http://luwindo.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow