Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,909Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?
In reply to ZenImage, 9 months ago

ZenImage wrote:

Hello all!

I am upgrading from a d5200, I loved my camera, but as I'm growing as a photographer, I want something that is going to allow for more wiggle room. For a short time, I was looking into the 5300. But I'm not particularly interested in some of it's features...I'm not bashing, by any means, but I feel as though to me, some of it's features were a little gimmicky. I'm more interested in features that make practical sense, and will provide me with pro-like features for now as well as down the road. Having, at the time, only been exposed to Nikon, the logical step was the d7100. But I have no blind loyalty to any particular brand, and have started searching outside of the Canikon empire. I came across the K-3, and am VERY impressed with, well, just about everything! Both cameras have their strengths and weaknesses, so I guess my question is whether or not any of you out there have had an opportunity to shoot with both the K-3 or even the K-5IIs AND the d7100 or d7000 that can share with me their thoughts on both systems. I am COMPLETELY new to Pentax, and so have no basis for comparison. Any advice or feedback is appreciated. Thank you all!:-D

I had a D7000 before.  I just left nikon completely.  I recently went to my local camera store and unfortunately they did not have any pentax whatsoever.  If you go pentax definitely start with the K3.  I am sure it is a great camera.

From what i have read, i can't really say is this is true, but Nikon has major problems with Sigma, and they are not getting along.  What i am saying is that if you buy a 24MP camera you will NEED the best possible lenses available, and Sigma is one of those that makes very sharp lenses for hi res cameras.  I think sigma does have a pentax mount 17-50 OS, not sure, but if you buy any hi res camera just make sure NOT to buy cheap kit lenses, otherwise you are defeating the whole purpose of the 24MP sensor and might as well stay with a 16MP camera instead.

Have fun!

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow