Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
photosbygar
Regular MemberPosts: 278
Like?
Re: Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?
In reply to ZenImage, 10 months ago

I agree with konanon and Zvonimir. My opinion is that all the brands have the guts for great images. Handling, ergonomics and perhaps lens selection are the deciding factors. I have shot with many Pentax cameras and currently use the K5 (plus K20 and K-R for some things). I went for Pentax for the handling of a K10D way back. IMO Pentax still beats Nikon in this department. Maybe I am finicky, but the placement of the wheels on Pentax are just a few millimeters different from Nikon and a couple of degrees in angle, but they make a huge difference to me. My camera is in my hand all day long almost every day (I earn my living through photography).

Having said all that, I am just about to buy a Nikon as I just nailed a very major client who specs either Nikon or Canon. Didn't win the argument that the brand didn't matter and so I will do as my client requires (it is due to certain processing that they do that they specify certain equipment - I am not selling prints to them).

So get both cameras in your hands and let your fingers do the walking. My advice would be, again if you are not heavily invested in Nikon lenses, to get the camera that you feel is intuitive, that works seamlessly with you and you can see yourself easily getting to the point where you don't have to think about handling the camera - it will be second nature.

Regardless  of your decision, remember that good photography is in the eye of the photographer, not built into the camera. Shoot lots and often.

Garth

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow