Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
PrebenR
Senior MemberPosts: 2,707
Like?
Re: I actually think the design is visually very good
In reply to D Cox, 8 months ago

D Cox wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

my concern is usability and size. The usability i will have to play with one. The size applying specifically to me for street life work.

The usability will be limited by the lack of a hinge on the LCD.

I don't see the size being a major issue for a landscape or portrait photographer.

Although I have to hold it and even walk around with one to see how this feels- strangely enough because it's all black without major marks in the front, I get the impression it will not draw on the streets as much attention from people as I would have first thought- but I will only know when I hold one.

This to me is key because I do not want to draw attention for street work.

This is where the waist-level viewing of a hinged LCD helps.

Waist-level street photography ?

All that said, I really think the design visually is pretty interesting and in person as it will be "smaller than what it seems in these shots" it will have a certain aspect of cool.

I like the design visually because it does not look to me gimmicky or cheesy. It looks like mixing style with some future while keeping a certain respect to "camera tool." I like that.

I think it looks OK, but nothing special. It doesn't have the class of the best Leicas.

Neither does it have the price tag of the Leica or the sub par IQ.

On the other hand Leica doesn't have the class of a Hasselblad 503 CW either

-- hide signature --

Lightwriting with Sigma

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow