a6000 faster than OMD E-M1, faster than most DSLR's (if not all). Good job SONY.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,416Gear list
Like?
Re: a6000 faster than OMD E-M1, faster than most DSLR's (if not all). Good job SONY.
In reply to kcamacho11, 5 months ago

nevercat wrote:

Sony started the E-mount for the P&S people who wanted a better camera, but didn't want the large DSLR. So it makes sense that they start with good (not great) lenses that are not to big. For the FF E-mount cameras they came with smaller (35 f2.8) and larger (55mm f1.8, 70-200 f4) lenses and you know what? Complain, complain, complain. Not form the users of the camera and lenses, but from people who are not using the camera. They just want to have a reason for not buying the camera. Well I have one for you: The price! I whish I had the money to buy the A7r and the beautifull lenses and the A6000 and some great lenses, but I have not

Funny how Fuji users and Olympus do not have any complaints about the lenses available to them, and those cameras are not full frame.

Then you peek over to the Fuji/Olympus forums and you will read at least once a week a thread by the title of "Switching Over From NEX", "This Is Why I Switched From Sony", etc. etc.

Some people like having pro-grade, weather-sealed fast lenses....at least those who want the highest quality images and unveil the outmost potential out of their camera....instead of smiling about slow kit zoom.

You are alluding to issues with people who continuously moan and groan about Sony and lack perspective.

Sony is taking a more mainstream route unlike Fuji that is about being flashy (they kinda remind me of GMC truck commercials "we are pro grade") or compromising with smaller sensors (the Olympus route). The latter also holds the mentality of bridge camera owners who tend to think in terms of zooms.

If you don't find a camera like a6000 that promises a breakthrough in AF system WHILE continuing the E-mount tradition that has had considerable attention for 3+ years, why bother? I find it an extremely compelong camrr based on its specs and pricing, and that is extemely rare for a generational update considering that I own NEX-6.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow