>>> Street Photography eXchange #85 <<<

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
jacwashere
Regular MemberPosts: 429
Like?
Re: Chilling III
In reply to xtoph, 7 months ago

xtoph wrote:

while i like the proportions of sky/sea/land in the frame, it is a bit infelicitous for silhouette--the human figures get kind of lost amid the rocks to the right, and water with/without detail. otoh, i like the shadows against the fg. so, in this case, i would agree either that you could try lifting the shadows a bit more (the near side of the figures, not the shadows they cast on the ground), or else maybe tried getting a bit closer and lower to really silhouette their outlines against the sun, rather than against the horizon below the sun.

i do generally think that this scene has an interesting potential, partly because of the way the ground looks like the back of a whale...

xtoph thank you for taking the time to comment on my pics, it's really helpful for a noob like me and the reason i decided to post in this forum. i agree with what you said, wish i have experimented a little more but its not easy when i think i might be disturbing someone's moment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
drumNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow