Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,013
Like?
You really don't get it do you?
In reply to Euell, 7 months ago

Euell wrote:

Tim Devine wrote:

Full frame sensors are more challenging to develop. The AF features provided by the A6000 sensor will work their way up to the full frame line I believe.

I'm not upset...the a7R is great for my purposes. I wouldn't have wanted them to hold up the release for this.

-Tim

Euell wrote:

How could Sony put better AF in its APSc line (A6000) than in its recently created full frame line? What were they thinking? Owners of the A7 and A7r must be really disappointed that their cameras were not endowed with this better technology, since they bought them just in the last few months.

I'm sure those AF features or even better AF will work its way up to the full frame line. Some people say they don't care and/or never use AF anyway. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

I have a total of ONE auto focus lens for the A7 and that is the kit lens that came with it.

I got that because it is stabilized and weather sealed and thought I should have at least one af lens.

The auto focus is plenty good enough for me too.

I spent more than the camera cost on buying decent manual focus lenses to use on this and other cameras (not to mention the dozens I already had)....I am sure I am not alone.

To ME, the mic and headphone jack and bigger better EVF are of FAR more use than a better af system I would hardly use....(edit) ...and of course the FF sensor!

And I would think in really low light it would still be easier for me to use mf with the A7 over af in the A6000.

I am sure the A6000 will be a wonderful camera.....great for those who want it but please don't put YOUR values on me....

When I want to use af, I will use my GX7.

The other thing is ...who said the A7/A7R are going to be the "high end" Sony cameras?

I am sure there are plenty of prototypes in Sony HQ with the af of the A6000 (or better) in an A7 body.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
55mmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow