uh oh, no A7000...?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,656Gear list
Like?
Breaking News!
In reply to photogeek, 6 months ago

24-70 is slower, larger, heavier, and it's three times the price of 18-55 lens. If I wanted to use an expensive big-ass lens, I would have stayed with Nikon. My point is, I don't want FF. I bought into the NEX system for portability and the promise of a good lens lineup. It seems now that this lens lineup will never materialize, because Sony only cares about FF. This happened to the A mount cameras earlier, so maybe in a year or two when there are barely any lenses for FE mount, Sony will pull a Sony again, and release yet another proprietary lens mount for people to upgrade to, abandoning FE.

a6000 is APSc. Did you think otherwise?

BTW, 24-70/4 is on FF. And at best, 18-55 you speak of is a variable aperture lens which itself points at the issue that if you want portability, learn that there will be compromises. Are you looking forwad to Fuji's commitment on 16-55/2.8 yet? That lens has 77mm filter thread... i guess that is where Fuji's idea of portability lies and you appreciate. And I doubt it will be cheaper than the FF 24-70.

And Sony has gotten on your nerves so badly that you are seeing things about yet another mount... do self a favor and do what I suggested earlier. It will also help save some nuisance in E-mount forums.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow