Is PHOTOfunSTUDIO really my only option to view/edit RAWs from the GH3?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jmeisejr
Junior MemberPosts: 27Gear list
Like?
Is PHOTOfunSTUDIO really my only option to view/edit RAWs from the GH3?
7 months ago

This is the first time I've tried to view/edit/process the RAW file format from the GH3 and I have to say...I'm a bit upset.

I'm a windows 7 x64 user, and the microsoft camera codec pack doesn't support the GH3 (but they of course have a solution for windows 8 users to view GH3 RAWs...), and even my Adobe CS5 software suite can not open it.  It seems I am stuck with the, what appears to be, crappy PHOTOfunSTUDIO that is provided with the camera.  I've been googling around and haven't found anything yet, but I've got my fingers crossed that someone has found a solution here.  I did find a couple of threads here that spoke about the same problem, but there didn't seem to be a solution.  There was a "solution" that pointed to software that you had to pay for...but I don't consider that a solution.

Does Panasonic provide the codecs required to view these at all?  Or does anyone else?  Maybe an Adobe update?

Thank you kindly!

jmeisejr's gear list:jmeisejr's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS Olympus E-500
ANSWER:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow