Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
PrebenR
Senior MemberPosts: 2,706
Like?
Re: What a load of tosh
In reply to mrkr, 8 months ago

mrkr wrote:

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

Here's a video someone posted from CP+ (the post since mysteriously deleted, swear I did not do it!):

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wOLfIJgSjRk

In the video, it doesn't look too hard to hold - and the person holding it is able to access all of the controls fairly well. The swept-back handle seems to match the shape of the hand holding it pretty well also.

all these discussions about ergonomics. With the DP Merrills there were complaints that the body doesn't have a proper grip and was too slippery to hold. Now we have a proper grip and the gripes continue - and now it's too much of a grip or the wrong form and so on and so on.

Everybody has to decide for themselves - and mock-ups don't help, in my opinion.

Just wait till you can hold the darn thing in your own hands und use it and play around with it and then decide.

From the video it looks very good to me, personally.

I agree.

People seem to be concerned with if one can operate the four way pad on the back with one hand. I have no idea if you can with the Quattro, but I tested with my D300, GH3 and DP2M (with a Gariz half case) and on none of them I'm able to operate that one handed. It also seems to me that with the dp2q grip one do not need to move the base of your palm off camera to access the pad, so that might be beneficial.

Besides I would fit the dp2 Quattro with a Roberu wrist strap on the right side, that works well with the DPxM.

Also remember that the camera is only 400g (without battery).

-- hide signature --

Lightwriting with Sigma

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow