And THIS is why I'm switching to Fuji from Sony...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
juvx
Regular MemberPosts: 476Gear list
Like?
Re: And THIS is why I'm switching to Fuji from Sony...
In reply to B6878, 5 months ago

B6878 wrote:

juvx wrote:

Over 1000$ FULL FRAME banking on it being the future (which i agree it is).

From my perspective, I was buying into APS-C based on the general scale. All things being equal, the form factor and lens will [should] be smaller and lighter. I realize that the product offerings (like from Sony) can defy this logic none the less. Realize that the extra resolution is of little value for what I do.

The A7 really doesn't have that much more resolution. 24.3 MP. It has better depth of field and low light performance due to its huge sensor.

Do you HONESTLY think the X-t1 is better IQ than the FF A7?

Once again, given that I don't need the extra resolution, things like skin tone are really important for me and Fuji appears to excel at that. There was some concern that the 2nd generation Fuji sensor was not quite as good as the original for skin tones and I have stuck with my X-E1 for that reason. I think this myth was later dismissed though, but please let me know if anyone still feels this way.

I think the second gen is just as good for what iv seen. With better autofocus and other advantages. Although im on the fence too. I have a X-E1 not sure if I should upgrade.

I couldn't say first hand, but from what I've read over the years, Sony comes out with great headliner announcements that are let down by their poor processing. Then Nikon or Fuji gets their hands on the same sensor (in some cases) and improves greatly on what Sony originally created. If this is true, then the likes of Nikon and Fuji will always be one step behind, but might be worth waiting for.

Its a valid statement. But also means the Sonys will always have a bit more value (cheaper for the same sensor)

juvx's gear list:juvx's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow