Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stevequad
Senior MemberPosts: 1,264Gear list
Like?
Can't DOT tune Nikon 24~70
5 months ago

I have always noticed a little softness with this lens and D800e. It was quite sharp on D300 and D3s, but I was able to live with it, until now. I have had the body since Oct, 2012.

I set up a Bob Atkins focus chart on my garage door, outside, and at 12 feet. 0-0 setting on default and saved value, @ 50mm, afs-s, af-on button got focus, checked live view but it is not that helpful. Moved focus back and forth manually and back to af-on. Seemed ok. Switched to MF on body, Dot stayed on as I went from 0 to +13 then got a little flicker. Started to go to the - side and went all the way to -20, with no dot change. tried changing the default to -20, still no change, then +20 and no change. I tried at several different FL and got same issue. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Or if the body is out of spec. I thought I followed directions.
Steve

-- hide signature --

I am very, very easily amused. But not right now.

Stevequad's gear list:Stevequad's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Nikon Coolpix S51c Nikon D100 Nikon D300 Nikon D3S +21 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D3S Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow