On recent cameras: EM-1, XT-1, A6000 ...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
kcamacho11
Senior MemberPosts: 1,503
Like?
Re: You are comparing bodies only.....
In reply to captura, 10 months ago

captura wrote:

Where are the fast F1.2 or F1.4 primes?

NOT REALLY NECESSARY WITH SUCH A FAST 24MP SENSOR. And largr 32 mp and 50 mp sensors already out there, from Sony. Going into Canikons, etc. F1.2/1.4 lenses would be TOO large. Lots of manual lenses available in those sizes.

Not necessary? I guess you are the type of users that Sony is trying to attract.
I am not a pro, but I can't even imagine the professionals out there who would ever say "fast F2.8 zooms are not necessary".

It does not matter if the camera is 16, 24, 50, or 100MP......having 24MP is not going to help you get better low light shots with slower lenses.

A Zeiss 16-70 F4 for $999 which has gotten mixed reviews? That's nice....when there is a marvelous Fuji 18-55 F2.8-F4 for $695.

It's cheaper than that; besides, it works very well with the 24 mp NEX-7 so it should work well with the A6000.

It is not cheaper than $999. If you find any RETAIL stores in the U.S. selling the 16-70 F4 for less, please post it here.

Again, it is just an F4 lens, nothing faster. No pro-grade fast F2.8 zooms.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow