a6000 faster than OMD E-M1, faster than most DSLR's (if not all). Good job SONY.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
dkloi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,854Gear list
Like?
Re: ok... then try using a mirrorless...
In reply to KelvinHammond, 7 months ago

KelvinHammond wrote:

for studio portraits. it sucks. There's no way around it either. The mirrorless system reacts just like a camcorder, which means the rear screen and evf are worthless in cave lighting. (torches, or modeling lights). What the mirror does, is let your eyes and brain see right through the glass, without electronics pre-interpreting that information. The only way they could fix it is with some sort of active rangefinder setup that had zoom or focal length auto-simulations.

I've used the NEX-7 and A77 successfully in studio-type shoots. I've found that in some low light situations that I'm able to frame and focus with the NEX-7 better than it would have been with a DSLR. In addition, the EVF and read LCD give a better idea of what the final picture will look like than with an OVF.

dkloi's gear list:dkloi's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 16-105mm F3.5-5.6 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow