Started 7 months ago | Photos thread
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 1,981Gear list
Like?
Re: Lightroom is perfectly fine.
In reply to 57even, 7 months ago

57even wrote:

tedandtricia wrote:

I'm an about to be new Fuji owner. I recall Adobe was not supporting raw conversions of Fuji files particularly well for a while. Is that still the case? Is Lightroom an processing option at this point for Fuji files, or do I need to get Capture One? What about using Capture One to convert raw to a TIFF and then working with the file in Lightroom?

Lightroom works fine. It has decent (if neutral) colour by default by it's easy to change. It has excellent highlight recovery, little colour bleed and the least moire of all options.

C1 and all the rest produce weird colours and other artifacts that people seem blind to but don't work for me at all.

It's main issue is sharpening of Fuji RAWs. It works fine on hard edges but the base threshold does not work as well on low contrast areas such as foliage. The simple solution is NOT to sharpen in LR but to buy a decent plug-in that uses deconvolution sharpening instead of USM, especially if it can be applied by brush or masking instead of universally.

Focal Blade and OnOne's Perfect Suite work as LR post editors (do your LR conversion first then open in either to finish off).

I am a LR user from the days when the Danish version was called Rawshooter Essentials and have been using LR alongside Capture One for the last 5 years. Have used Photo Ninja and Silky Pix, found the results totally acceptable, but didn't like the interface. But weird colours?? Couldn't say that I noticed in neitehr PN or Silky - or C1 for that matter.

I would be interested as to where you get this "C1 and the rest produce weird colours and other artifacts" from?? Can you supply some examples?

Here are a couple of rather neutral images, taken for some silly online ads, rather than biffing the thing. Where would LR in your opinion be 1. better and 2. have less weird colours and other artifacts?

Regarding the sharpening, I am at a loss as to what you are talking about.

Happy to provide the RAM files to show me - and maybe others - the difference you get using LR!

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow