C&C - Getting started with X-E2, Raw and Capture One

Started 10 months ago | Photos thread
57even
Senior MemberPosts: 6,344
Like?
Lightroom is perfectly fine.
In reply to teddoman, 10 months ago

tedandtricia wrote:

I'm an about to be new Fuji owner. I recall Adobe was not supporting raw conversions of Fuji files particularly well for a while. Is that still the case? Is Lightroom an processing option at this point for Fuji files, or do I need to get Capture One? What about using Capture One to convert raw to a TIFF and then working with the file in Lightroom?

Lightroom works fine. It has decent (if neutral) colour by default by it's easy to change. It has excellent highlight recovery, little colour bleed and the least moire of all options.

C1 and all the rest produce weird colours and other artifacts that people seem blind to but don't work for me at all.

It's main issue is sharpening of Fuji RAWs. It works fine on hard edges but the base threshold does not work as well on low contrast areas such as foliage. The simple solution is NOT to sharpen in LR but to buy a decent plug-in that uses deconvolution sharpening instead of USM, especially if it can be applied by brush or masking instead of universally.

Focal Blade and OnOne's Perfect Suite work as LR post editors (do your LR conversion first then open in either to finish off).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow