And THIS is why I'm switching to Fuji from Sony...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Alohaman
Contributing MemberPosts: 518Gear list
Like?
Re: And THIS is why I'm switching to Fuji from Sony...
In reply to Smiller4128, 6 months ago

Smiller4128 wrote:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-trusted-sources-no-a7000-aps-c-e-mount-coming-in-2014-main-focus-on-fe-from-now-on/

No more support for the APS-C in terms of a NEX7 replacement or APS-C lenses...odd considering they just released the A6000....

Can't get my hands on my X100S soon enough! (And my X-T1 when it releases!)

I can't see how "no A7000 in 2014" translates to "no more support for NEX7 replacement or APS-C lenses". The NEX-7 and NEX-6 came out about a year apart.  So if we have to wait another year for the A7000 to come out what's the problem?

We all should be careful because the conspiracy-theorist in me believe that all the camera companies are brainwashing us in wanting the newest and the best equipment right now.  If we don't have these, we cannot be good photographers.

One "commentator" (I can't remember who) said that we photographers are looking for a camera that can eliminate all of our deficiencies. Can't hold the camera steady>>image stabilization; can't focus quickly>>96-point auto-focus;  can't remember where we took the photo>>GPS; can't get the right exposure>>230 point AE.

He said the only thing left is a GPS-gyroscope controlled camera with billions of sample photos in its memory bank that can point the camera for us.  If we are standing in the middle of St. Mark's square in Venice, knowing where we are the camera will turn us around and shoot the best pictures for us. Every photo is in focus, correctly exposed, perfectly composed, shutter release perfectly timed and every shot is a keeper! Can't have it any better!

I like technology as much as others; but hey, leave something for the photographer to do.

Alohaman's gear list:Alohaman's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Leica Summarit-M 90mm f/2.5 Carl Zeiss Planar T* 2/50 ZM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow