The more you know (about great photography) the less pictures you take?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Klaus dk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,300Gear list
Like?
Fiction, not fact!
In reply to DFPanno, 5 months ago

DFPanno wrote:

Klaus dk wrote:

pavi1 wrote:

lumigraphics wrote:

pavi1 wrote:

Photography is a lot like music. The more you know about it the less of it you enjoy.

-- hide signature --

Everything happens for a reason. #1 reason: poor planning
WSSA #44

I believe the complete opposite about both. What a dreary, jaded outlook.

It is not an outlook, it is a fact of life.

Maybe it's a fact of your life, not of mine.

The problem here is that pavi1 did not take the time to outline the foundation of his statement. In fact he is generally right with regard to most people if not you in particular.

Truth - The greater one becomes aware of the mechanics the more distant they become to the magic.

This is true whether you are an editor, musician, or visual artist.

If this is not a concept that you have been exposed to before it is worth reading about as it can impact your artistic endeavors.

Does this mean, that if one wants to develop artistically and preserve the "magic", one should shun learning the craft forming the basis for the art? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Having dabbled in photography for more than 40 years, I am glad this comes to me so late that I can dismiss the thought as being ridiculous, fact or fiction.

Klaus dk's gear list:Klaus dk's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NopeNew
WhyNew
(unknown member)
OkayNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow