And THIS is why I'm switching to Fuji from Sony...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
57even
Senior MemberPosts: 6,342
Like?
Sony = all products and no strategy
In reply to Smiller4128, 10 months ago

Smiller4128 wrote:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-trusted-sources-no-a7000-aps-c-e-mount-coming-in-2014-main-focus-on-fe-from-now-on/

No more support for the APS-C in terms of a NEX7 replacement or APS-C lenses...odd considering they just released the A6000....

Can't get my hands on my X100S soon enough! (And my X-T1 when it releases!)

Sony's camera division seems to be the most schizophrenic company in the world. They have many camera systems, many of them innovative, but as soon as they produce them they seem to lose interest and chase another pipe dream. Its as if they read forums instead of polling real users.

The A7 is a perfect example of a camera designed to a forum pundits wet dream instead of proper market research and user feedback. Very capable on paper, but not user friendly and with some very annoying features and a whole roadmap of big, slow lenses. Almost as if they never asked an actual customer to test it. Will be nice when it's finished, but unlike Fuji don't expect existing customers to see the benefits. It will just be a new model.

It also looks like it was designed with an etch-a-sketch instead of a CAD system.

They do innovate, but every time you buy into their proprietary tech (Betamax, Discman, Memory Stick, NEX, non-ISO flash shoes) they become obsolete.

No thanks. I have no problem using their component technology in other products, their R&D is pretty good on the whole, but they have severe problems trying to productise any of it. I have not bought one of their finished articles for many years after a highly unsatisfactory experience with one of their high-res CRT monitors. Customer service? Non existent. Add rootkits and their exploitative music business and I am not interested in them as a direct customer.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow