The more you know (about great photography) the less pictures you take?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
meland
Senior MemberPosts: 3,904
Like?
Re: I am OK with that delusion.
In reply to DenWil, 9 months ago

DenWil wrote:

meland wrote:

DenWil wrote:

I always go to those lengths. It is simply the process. I have driven hundreds of miles in a pick up truck with furniture and and a model to be on a dry lake bed in the middle of nowhere at 5 in the afternoon. Other times I am simply in my own back yard. My gear is relatively low priced at this point - that's is simply timing- but the gear is crucial ,very crucial to the quality of my images. An entry level DSLR will not produce comparable product.

-- hide signature --

denniswilliams

I fear you are probably deluding yourself - but that's OK if you think your gear is that important. But bear in mind that most entry level DSLRs produce better results than the most expensive equipment of say 6 or 7 years ago and there were more than a few good images produced on those.

If I am deluding myself to believe that the results from highly optimized 67 MF film is better than results from an entry level DSLR then I am at least in very, very good, and very well paid company.

I guess the continuing career and lifestyle just enable and fuel my delusion. I am OK with that.

-- hide signature --

denniswilliams

Well fine, since you bringing 6x7 into it then I don't disagree.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NopeNew
WhyNew
(unknown member)
OkayNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow