And THIS is why I'm switching to Fuji from Sony...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Mike in Kansas
Contributing MemberPosts: 578Gear list
Like?
Re: And THIS is why I'm switching to Fuji from Sony...
In reply to juvx, 5 months ago

juvx wrote:

Mike in Kansas wrote:

I've always felt that Sony is a consumer electronics company, and Fuji is a photo/imaging company. Both make good products, but I feel that Fuji will be more true to their optics roots than Sony will ever be.

Try the A7r with the 55mm FE lens and get back to me. It blows 3000$ DSLRS (5d MK3) with 2000$ lenses away....

Great - they have a good product now.  Where will it be in a few years?  If I'm going to move from one system (Nikon) to another (Fuji), I want there to be a good possibility that it will still be supported and updated in 5 years or so.  I feel that Fuji will do that, Sony not so much.  But that is my own opinion that may not be shared by others.  If, on the other hand, you feel that cameras are disposable electronics like iPhones, then Sony might suit you fine.

Mike in Kansas's gear list:Mike in Kansas's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Nikon D50 Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow