Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
KelvinHammond
Regular MemberPosts: 288Gear list
Like?
Re: uh oh, no A7000...?
In reply to viking79, 7 months ago

viking79 wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-trusted-sources-no-a7000-aps-c-e-mount-coming-in-2014-main-focus-on-fe-from-now-on/

So we lost Mic input and AF/MF-lock controls?

This can't be real, can it?

If it's Sony, yes. Sony distracts with one feature while taking away with another. A bunch of people will buy this because of the CAF, but they will leave you wanting somewhere else. I am sure Sony will offer that product at another time though, and do the same thing with it

I am not singling out Sony, just that they are an effective marketing company. I think this A6000 is actually more to capture DSLR buyers than anything. Now they just need a DSLR looking camera to go along with some of those features. The continuous focus might be better with a central viewfinder for easier pointing.

Eric

See, and I don't get this. We all buy new computers, We just do, whether we need them or not. And it's not like our Win8 or Lion10.whatever shows up with less features then WinXP had. Some of the hardware changes a little, but in general, the software is always an improvement, though they might quit including MovieMaker at times. 
But with cameras, it seems a bit willy-nilly and inconsistent. If the goal is retain market share against cell phone instagram shooters, then user customization should be priority 1.

KelvinHammond's gear list:KelvinHammond's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS 6D Samsung NX300 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow