uh oh, no A7000...?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Waltom
Regular MemberPosts: 325
Like?
Re: uh oh, no A7000...?
In reply to blue_skies, 5 months ago

Three things lead me to believe that the rumors of the A7000's demise this year are premature. First of all, Sony model numbers always use 3, 5, 7, and 9.  It goes back to their Minolta roots. The -6 and -8 variants are oddballs. So, when they announce an A6000 we know that there's room for a higher spec model. Second, there's a Photokina this year (September) and I think Sony needs to announce something in the APS-C mirrorless segment just to prove it's still viable. Third, there's a big price gap between the A6000 at $700 and the A7 at $1700. A new A7000 could easily slip in at $1000 and still leave room for the A7 to be discounted. And fourth (!) they downgraded the EVF in the A6000 leaving room for a better EVF to appear in the A7000.

Now it's possible that the A7000 could be in design and Sony is holding off till next Spring in order to put more emphasis on the FF A7 twins. If so, I'd expect the announcement of some new and big at Photokina.

BTW, I do not have sources nor do I have  a rumor site. But SAR was touting a new NEX-7r all last year and all we got was the A6000.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow