uh oh, no A7000...?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Zamac
Senior MemberPosts: 1,211Gear list
Like?
Re: uh oh, no A7000...?
In reply to blue_skies, 7 months ago

Suits me...

I will be happy with my NEX7 until at least the end of next year.

People who need better tracking focus might be getting a bit impatient but that's not a problem for me.

One also needs to understand the nature of genuine SAR rumours.

Other than "unofficial" leaks from Sony itself they fall into three time categories:

1. Early rumours probably come from people associated with the field testing or prototype construction

2. Mid term rumours probably come from suppliers and contract manufacturers when Sony starts placing orders

3. Late rumours come from distributors and retailers when Sony starts to warn them so they can move current stock.

Now if the A7000 is just the NEX7 with a new sensor and firmware, then would be no rumours until the new sensors start arriving at the factory and it is told to change the label from NEX-7 to A7000. This could be as little as two months before release.

When it comes will be a marketing decision, not because Sony is concentrating on FE lenses - one cannot just switch a body design team to lens design.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow